Wednesday, February 18, 2009

We Had Our Homestudy Today!

Where have we been? Doing things for the adoption process. We had our homestudy today! I am so excited that we are moving right along. The homestudy this time around was a completely different experience. When we were getting ready to adopt Sadie my emotions were out of control and I was filled with tons of anxiety. I was literally moping the kitchen floor at three in the morning. This time around I haven't had one ounce of anxiety and it is wonderful. The homestudy was quick, easy and we passed with flying colors. I love our caseworker that we are working with. She gives us so much positive feed back and it feels like we have been friends forever. Working with LDS Services has been such a blessing. Now all we have left to do is make our profile and wait for the day we get chosen. We are so excited! Please continue to keep us in mind if you hear of anyone wanting to choose giving their child up for adoption and please keep us in your prayers.

When we had our individual interviews last week, I took Sadie with me. She was drawing on the white board while I was chatting with our caseworker, out of the blue Sadie turns around and says, "Do you have babies here?" she hops down from her chair, opens a cupboard and asks, "Are they in here?" She is so confused on how this baby thing works. She knows that you get them at the hospital and she knows that our caseworker is helping us to get a baby. Any ideas of how to explain this to an almost three year old? So cute and innocent!

Love you all!

This picture isn't related but I thought it was so cute! Sadie and some friends out to eat at Tucanos. Don't they look like mini teenagers?!

Also take note of Sadie's shirt. She is so in love with this shirt right now. She has to wear it everyday and she cries when I have to wash it. At least she has good taste right?!

8 comments:

johnandcourtney said...

YEAH! How exciting! I have been thinking about you a lot lately...in fact we have your Christmas presents sitting in our entry, I feel like such a slacker friend. Let's get together soon! We are praying for you.

5SMiTHS said...

OMGOODNESS Sadie is soooooo funny! That is adorable! Make sure you put that in her "darndest list" or in her baby book! I can't wait for you guys! I can pray for you guys!

Marshall, Nany, Eli and Lydia said...

K so, this one is for the Walnut. Um, we should go snowboarding or something. I usually go night boarding at brighton on mondays and fridays cuz it's only 1600 pennies. Dude, I always laugh when I see "Walnut has left you a comment". Ps, nany told me to take the picture of the rainbow. I hate you.

Erin said...

Congrats on the homestudy! I hope you get your next miracle baby soon. Sadie continues to be sooo adorable. (We are a fan of Sadie videos).

Josh and Rach said...

It is almost scary how much those three look like little teenagers!! What a cute picture. I am so happy that you are just that much closer to getting everything done for a new baby! I am so excited for you guys, and you are always in my prayers :)

Rocia said...

tears. goose bumps. excitement...the list goes on. we are so excited for you guys. we love you.

Kathy's Boys said...

I know that will be one lucky baby to get you guys for parents. You will be in my prayers.

Jenn Hoff said...

wha- they don't come from cupboards? I must have another talk with my parents...