Sunday, March 21, 2010

Introducing.........


Crew Thomas
Born March 19, 2010
@ 2:04 a.m.
7 lbs. 6 oz. 19.5 inches long

We are so excited and unbelievably happy to have this little man in our family!

Crew's story:

We received an email from Crew's birthmom the end of January saying that she loved our profile and a week later we met with her and she chose us to be Crew's parents. Crew's birthmom is such an amazing person and we love her so much. We emailed each other for a little over a month and got to know one another. She invited us to come be at the hospital when Crew was born. She was induced Thursday night at 7:00 and we just partied all night long until we heard Crew's first cry at 2:04 in the morning. It was such an incredible experience. Crew had to work hard at breathing so the nurse decided to take him to the NICU for a breathing treatment. We were able to go with him and Stayed with him until 5:00 am. He was doing much better and they brought him up to be with his birthmom. It was so hard to see him all hooked with up with tubes and monitors. He was a very noisy little man for the first few hours of his life. He wouldn't stop moaning and just had so much to say. Thank goodness he quieted down. We will have to post some video of his noises he made because it was so cute and unlike anything we have ever heard before. The hospital staff was so amazing and even gave us a "hotel" room to stay in that first night. Crew's birthmom was amazing to let us be so involved in his care at the hospital. Crew's birthgrandma was also there and we love her too. Such an awesome family. Later in the day on Friday my parents brought Sadie to the hospital to meet Crew for the first time. She was so cute with him and she is so excited to be a big sister. So far she has adjusted great to having a baby in the house. On Saturday we all went to LDS Family Services and had placement. The placement is when the birthmom signs the relinquishment (her rights) papers and places the baby in our arms. It was a very emotional and spiritual experience. So many different emotions to feel at one time. It was so fun to bring him home and to have him be ours. We are so grateful and blessed to have him. We know that we were all led to each other and that this was Heavenly Father's plan for Crew and all of us. Thank you all so much for all your love and support!

We love you all and can't wait for you to all meet Crew!




30 comments:

Courtney said...

I can't help but to bawl and want to shout for joy all at the same time. I'm so happy for you guys-- what a special (and emotional!) journey.

Many many congratulations!

Chelsie Wilde said...

Congratulations guys! We are so happy for you guys! What an awesome experience and what a sweet little baby! Cant wait to meet him!

Sara Gray said...

Oh, prayers are answered. Yea!! He is so cute. Love you all so much. Congrats.

Rachael said...

We are so happy for you! Congrats! He sure is a handsome guy!

Erin said...

Congratulations! We're very happy for your new miracle baby!

Brent Skipper said...

We couldn't be happier for your little family. He is so precious and we can't wait to meet him!!

Platte and Heather said...

We are soooo happy for you guys. We can't wait to meet him when we move home in May!

johnandcourtney said...

I am so so so happy! Crew is here and home! We love you guys so much, we can't wait to meet him.

Jana said...

Congradulations guys! That's awesome. Love the checks on him.

Our EyreLife said...

Sobbing. Why do I feel so emotional about the whole thing?! I'm such a boob. Wah wah.

Congratulations a bajillion times over! We can't wait to meet him and kiss his little beautiful head!

Loves to you FOUR!

LaDonna and Ben said...

Such a beautiful child. You guys are so great. We're so happy for your growing family. Enjoy him!

Brittany said...

Congrats you guys!!! That is such an awesome experience. We are so excited for you guys. He is a very cute and handsome boy!

Romney Family said...

I cannot even tell you how happy I am for you guys!!! He is so cute!!

Carrie said...

I am so so SO happy for you guys! i tried reading the post out loud to brad and had to stop a couple times because i was getting all choked up. congratulations! can't wait to meet him.

Kayla said...

I am so stoked for you guys!! Please let us know if you guys need anything. He is a handsome little prince!

Kathy's Boys said...

I had to cry a little too. I am so excited for you guys. After looking at your blog over the years, I know you are the greatest and funnest parents and deserve baby Crew! He's lucky to have you too. (I have to say I love his name too!!) I hope to meet him someday. Love from the Petersons!

Laurel said...

I think you have the whole world in happy tears! We love you guys! So glad he's here happy and healthy.

Roskelley Ramblings said...

Happy Day! The right one came - little CTR - welcome to the family. We love him already.

Rodela Family said...

Congrats you guys!!! I am so happy and excited for you. Can't wait to meet the new little guy.

Mitch said...

so stoked for you guys. What a beautiful family you have become!

Camille Kenyon said...

I am so excited for you guys! Sure love you guys and can 't wait to meet Mr. Crew - so Cute!

Alisha said...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a special time for you and your family! YAY!

5SMiTHS said...

Such a beautiful story! I wish I could congratulate you in person! I am so happy for your family!

mrs. m said...

He's adorable! What a wonderful experience. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

He is beautiful and is the perfect addition to your family. I CANT WAIT to meet the little sweety!

Josh and Jackie said...

He is so adorable you guys, we are so incredibly happy for your family..!!! We can't wait to come down and meet the little man!!!! I bet Sadie just adores him. And I love that his initials are CTR that is so cute. ~Jackie

Natalie Walker said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I was so excited when Shawn told me! I am so happy for you. What a lucky little boy to have y'all for a family. We can't wait to meet him!

Love,
Natalie

p.s. love the name!

Rocia said...

what a little dream...i can't wait to meet him.

Darla said...

I didn't even know, you guys!! Congratulations! What a sweet little family you are. And Crew is the cutest name ever. I love it! (;

Andrea said...

I am so happy for you guys! Congratulations on your newest addition!