Saturday, September 20, 2008

And the only Injury I got.........


So this is what kankles feel like
That purple stuff is a big bruise.

That would have been awesome jumping a 15 foot cliff on my mountain bike. I actually was running for 1st base to hit the base before the runner to get em out. I landed on the base and rolled my foot over the side like a rubber band and snapped back. I'm sure it would be 'sick to your stomach' looking on a slow-motion playback. It hurt pretty bad but I didn't even cry or anything. The doctor said its sprained and the ligaments are stretched to the max. I am wearing a brace for the next 6 weeks but he said I could carefully play sports again in a couple weeks. Good thing cause, ultimate frisbee, softball, volleyball, and weekly golf cannot wait any longer.

5 comments:

5SMiTHS said...

did the smae exact thing a few months ago playng soccer.... it healed faster than i thought but when its cold in the morning i limp around a bit cuz it still feels a little weird.

Josh and Rach said...

Good thing you said the purple stuff was a bruise, I almost thought it was a grape juice stain.

Anonymous said...

oh Wally, I am so sorry, I know how disappointed you must be that the injury didn't include some deep bloody road-rash gash with rocks stickin' out leaving yet another permanent scar : (

but is appears to be a manly injury none the less and should draw some attention from your girls (Lindz & Sadie)

Unknown said...

I saw you got a new sewing machine, that's exciting! It is so addicting, I swear! I have been learning the last few weeks, therefor neglecting my family! Enjoy!

LaDonna and Ben said...

You had me going...dang.

I rolled my kankle like six months ago and it's just starting to feel better.

I was base juming and my chute didn't open...no bid deal.