Tuesday, February 26, 2008

BACK FROM A QUICK VACATION - ONLY 9 DAYS

We went to Las Vegas, Disneyland, Universal Studios, Oceanside beach, San Francisco, Sacramento, and back home. We only put 2600 miles on the car. Thank goodness for portable DVD players.
We went with our friends the Littlefields-Steve, Malia, and Sadie's buddy Ty.
We stayed at the Welks Resort in Oceanside. The hotel had two big rooms with walk in showers, a huge living room and kitchen with a sweet balcony overlooking one of the 2 private golf courses. We barely fit in time to swim in one of the 6 pools with waterslides. We hit every possible ride at Disneyland and tried to freak Sadie out but she loved every second. Whats your favorite ride Sadie, "I wanna go Buzz". We rode the Buzz Lightyear ride 4 times one day. Universal Studios was awesome. We got to see a live show of Fear Factor. One day was set aside for a relaxing day at the beach. Red skin, goosebumps, shaking knees, drenched over and over again, and Sadie was crying when we had to leave. She dumped a load of sand on my neck and down my shirt. This resulted in bum chafe later on.
We then drove up to San Francisco to hang out with our good friends the Lakes and the Counihans. It was great to see them and their kids, they still feel like family to us. Then we went to Sacramento to a little family reunion and funeral for my Grandpa. It was a great service and most people were very happy to be there. I was a pall bearer and while bringing the casket into place at the cemetery, Sadie yells out, "Wally........Wally.........Wally". Some people laughed.
This was one of the sweetest vacations and we got to be with all of our good friends and family.
We somehow we lost our camera at Disneyland so I've posted a couple shots that were taken by the Littlefields.

When you get bored in the long lines, why wouldn't you want to pull your pants down.

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - Its freaky

Downtown Disney

Screaming our brains out on Dumbo

The classic picture. Also the first line. You wait in line to get this picture and you haven't even gotten to a ride yet.

Security was getting everyone off the streets of Disneyland in preparation for the nightly parade. Sadie was in her own little world in the street dancing ballet style to the music for 15 minutes. I think she knew that 3,000 people were watching her.


YEP, I got to meet Tom Hanks, Kevin Bacon and that one guy from Twister. Nice of them to let me get a picture.

10 comments:

5SMiTHS said...

wally` can you please have a normal smile in at least 1 picture you take!? haha... looks like you had crazy fun! I was having withdrawls cuz of your lack of blogging... don't do that again!

Kayla said...

I'm sorry to hear you lost your camera! That sucks! Thank goodness for friends with cameras. Sadie's so dang cute! I'm glad you all had a good vacation. That sounds like a blast.

Courtney said...

Waldo,

Looks like fun man! That makes me want to go--like now!

Ryan

Courtney said...

The pants-down pic of Sadie and the one of her dancing are probably some of the best I've seen in a long time. What a ham! She's living proof that in the nature-nurture controversy, nurture definitely plays a part! You guys are doing a great job with her and it shows--even in pics! Wanna go back to Disneyland after summer???

Chelsie Wilde said...

Sounds like fun!! Sadie is just at that age I bet she LOVED Disneyland!

Rachael said...

Hey guys! Ryan and I love your blog! Disneyland looked like a lot of fun! Sadie is getting so big and cute! I love the pictures! It sounds like things are going well for you guys! We'll have to hang out sometime!
:) Rachael

Erin said...

Classic pics Roskelleys! Glad to hear your vacation went well!

Brittany said...

Hey that last picture of Sadie dancing... you serious need to blow up!!! It is so freaking cute!

britt

Romney Family said...

it looks like you guys had a great time and what fun to be able to stop and see the lakes and the counihans we sure do miss them and you guys too!! that stinks that you lost your camera!!

kenna said...

I'll be honest, I am slightly jealous that you were soaking up the sun and I was soaking up morphine...