Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Making a Splash in the Kitchen

My parents came up for a visit and I put my Dad right to work! I have been wanting to tile my backsplash in my kitchen for awhile, and we finally did it! I love the way it turned out! It makes such a difference. It turned out to be a little more complicated than I originally thought. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful, amazing, talented Dad! Thank you so much for all your hard work! And thank you mom for being his assistant when I couldn't! I love you both so much and I love love love my new backsplash!

My kitchen before


My dad hard at work



All the tile up before we grouted it


Wally and I putting on the sealant


The finished project!


the colors of the tiles change color depending on the time of day and how the light is reflecting off of them. It's so fun!

17 comments:

Roskelley Ramblings said...

Wow, Lindsey - it looks so great. You are lucky to have such a skilled dad. It turned out so nice...

Jilly Bean said...

That looks fantastic! Your house is really pretty. Where are you guys living nowadays? Thanks to wonderful parents!

Josh and Rach said...

I love it! I'm glad you got to finally get it done. So I hear Louie is a blogger now?

Marshall, Nany, Eli and Lydia said...

Wally you are just so hot right now I can barely contain myself. -Marshall

kenna said...

Wow Linds it looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Lindz! Its BEAUTIFUL. I can't wait to see it in person.

Jana said...

That looks really good. I love it!

hugsnkisses said...

You do have an amazing dad! I know some other kids who have been reaping the benefits of a dad with time on his hands too. Wish we could come see your cute place!

malia said...

gorg!

Penny :) said...

I love the new tile. It looks just great like I new it would. Good Job!!

Courtney said...

That really does look amazing! I love home projects!

LOUIE said...

spiffy splash guys.
The kitchen has always been my favorite room. I go in there and get my beggin face on, sit on the carpet and score a scrap!!

5SMiTHS said...

it looks so gorgeous!!

Rocia said...

it looks AWESOME! o.k. steve, are you available for hire in a few months?

Chanelle said...

Were you guys on the "Spice up my Kitchen" episode? Looks tight. What a smartie your little girl is.

Natalie Walker said...

Looks awesome!!

Shelle said...

This is incredible!! I love the back splash. You should put some handles on the cabinets to add some more flare! I also adore your white kitchenaide. I want one!!

Hey if u wanna see my blog, send me the email that is registered for your blog and I'll invite you.

Salennberg@yahoo.com
Love- shelle Lennberg McMullin